Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Review : Kat Von D Lipsticks!



Back when I had blue hair in Novemeber I stumbled into Sephorah and over to the Kat Von D display and fell in love with her lipstick shade 'A-Go Go'[the orange lipstick above]. It was the perfect accompaniment to my teal hair.


Soon after purchasing it I became addicted and wanted more Kat Von D shades.

I am a big fan of using ebay to my financial advantage - so I made a daily saved search for Kat Von D full lipsticks, and one day the Ebay gods graced me with another Kat Von D shade 'Lolita'.


I usually interchange between these two shades and my Russian Red by M.A.C. on a daily basis.

The orange shade 'A-Go Go' is a matte/flat shade with no sheen [which is the way I prefer]. It can be a bit dry for application so better to use on moisturized lips. I usually reapply after I eat lunch as it comes off on everything, but doesn't stain your lips. I would recommend using a lip brush when applying it the 2nd time for more precision. This shade will get you a TON of compliments - everyone has loved this bold shade when I wear it.

The nude/mauve shade is called 'Lolita' which was fun for me as I have a series of zines named 'Lolita'. This is an everyday shade that you can wear with every outfit to just give your lips a bit more definition and to complete a look. It is moisturizing feeling upon application, doesn't stain your lips, but will need re-application after eating/drinking. I love to wear this shade when I don't want to think about matching everything.

Final Review : Go get these lipsticks they are awesome - even if you don't like Kat Von D you will approve of her lipsticks - she does always look flawless so that girl should know what she is doing. At around $20 @ Sephorah only you can pick up your own shade [and please go and sample them to death at Sephorah - I always recommend doing this with new lipstick shades!]. Or if you are cheap like me scour the ebay listings to find a sweet deal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share on Tumblr